House in Living Trust ?

Is it best to put my house in my Living Trust, or should I put my kids on a Quit Claim deed and have them record it after my death? Would there be any extra taxes or expense if I did the Quik Claim deed?

Comments for House in Living Trust ?

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 21, 2011
Quit Claim Deed
by: Mo Johnson

I'd not advise the quit claim deed route. For one thing, once you sign it, it's done. How can you be sure your child won't file it or use it as collateral on another loan or whatever. So, I wouldn't do that. You really should discuss the issue with a good local estate planning attorney.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Living Trust Question.

Like This Site

Subscribe to
Free Living Trust Information

Your E-mail Address

Your Name


We keep this private.

Follow the Living Trust Blog

Like this Page

Visit Our Social Pages

Become a Fan of Free Living Trust Information on Facebook Follow FreeLivingTrustInformation on Twitter Follow FreeLivingTrustInformation on Google+ Subscribe EstatePlanningHub Video on YouTube

Get a PDF version of this website and its sister site here.