Changing representation on a Living Trust

by Maral
(Santa Clarita, CA)

If you have created a living trust through a Legal Documents company, when the time comes to change the trust or read it, can you change your representation to someone else?

Also, in California is there a board that oversees people who create living trusts?

I'm asking because my mother did her Living Trust through a guy that is little to no help when you have questions or need something. When the time comes and she passes, I don't want to go back to this guy and have him take care of things.

Can I just take her Living Trust and go to someone else? If she needs to make changes to her living trust, can she just go somewhere else? Or are we stuck with this guy?

Comments for Changing representation on a Living Trust

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Dec 31, 2017
living trust questions
by: Mo Johnson

Hi, sure you could have someone else help manage the living trust when the time comes. Or, right now she could go to a different lawyer and have the current living trust revoked and a new one drawn up.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Living Trust Discussion.

Like This Site

Subscribe to
Free Living Trust Information

Your E-mail Address

Your Name


We keep this private.

Follow the Living Trust Blog

Like this Page

Visit Our Social Pages

Become a Fan of Free Living Trust Information on Facebook Follow FreeLivingTrustInformation on Twitter Follow FreeLivingTrustInformation on Google+ Subscribe EstatePlanningHub Video on YouTube

Get a PDF version of this website and its sister site here.